Honda Twins banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here’s where I have ended up. I have two engines. I took the cam head (whatever it called) and put in on. Had the same issue hitting the exhaust valves. I think I may be using the casting mark to incorrectly line up the exhaust cam. In the pictures when I have the exhaust cam on what looks like to correct marking (picture 2) the right exhaust valve is slightly open (picture 1). Picture 3 shows the alignment mark and the questionable casting mark. Am I on the right track? Should that valve be slightly open like that when setting the cam chain?
Did you get this resolved? I just found out (2 hours ago) that I have the exact same issue!!

·
Registered
1973 Honda CB450
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Sorry for the very slow reply. I have been off this site. I believe I did figure it out. Like mentioned in an earlier post there are confusing cast marks. The large obvious ones were not the right ones. There are smaller marks that aligned correctly for me. Having a hard time getting the engine to start, so can't say I am totally correct. At least the engine turns by hand now.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts