Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey y'all:

just saw a really well customized CB400T awhile ago at a moto meet here in Vancouver and was wondering if a CB400T's rear spoked (drum) wheel would be a straight swap for a CM450e's rear. I've always found the 16 a little too dinky and would like an even 18-18 as a set up. Wondering if anyone's done it to theirs! read the size on the CB and it's 18x1.85"

ps, been trying to upload the picture the way it was shot but won't budge.

DSC_0099.jpg

***YIKES i posted this in the wrong section. trying right now to move it. my bad! :eek:
**sorry mods, can't find the delete or move function!

Took care of that for you. Charging our usual rates of course.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Direct swap over, zero modifications needed. Note that the T1 rear wheel will use a 100 or 110/90/18. 120 is too large for the rim width.
Suspension travel should be fine but when you have the wheel off look at where the tool tray bolt comes thru to be sure no one used a too long bolt there, it's should very slightly protrude out of the nut. That bolt would be the first tire to bike contact point and if too long cut the tire.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've just realized the same measurements I've used for the CM450e's front are the same as the CB400 T1's rear. the stock OEM '18 x 1.85" honda wheels might be too expensive on eBay, but the tags CM400 e front wheel ones are definitely cheaper. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Also look for CB250 Nighthawk front rims 91-08, same size and drum ready, perhaps less demand so prices may be low.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts