Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a new throttle pipe from wemoto but it doesn't fit the switchblock.

They insist it is honda part number 53141-300-010 which is universal to a lot of hondas.

The new one doesn't fit in a CB400N switch block or a CB350F switch block. Old one fits both fine.

Is anyone able to take a measurement of theirs to confirm?

Have included a photo of old and new. Thanks

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I recently bought a new throttle pipe from wemoto but it doesn't fit the switchblock.

They insist it is honda part number 53141-300-010 which is universal to a lot of hondas.

The new one doesn't fit in a CB400N switch block or a CB350F switch block. Old one fits both fine.

Is anyone able to take a measurement of theirs to confirm?

View attachment 301450

Have included a photo of old and new. Thanks
Hi there, I have a CB400N and my throttle tube is 7.36mm as per your old one. I would say Wemoto have got it wrong again as they have sent me incorrect rear wheels bearings and they swear that they are correct. I suggest a bit of filing on the outer edge and make it fit! :rolleyes:

Reactions: Supanaut

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi there, I have a CB400N and my throttle tube is 7.36mm as per your old one. I would say Wemoto have got it wrong again as they have sent me incorrect rear wheels bearings and they swear that they are correct. I suggest a bit of filing on the outer edge and make it fit! :rolleyes:
So frustrating! I might suggest to them that they sell them cheaper if we have to file them down to fit! ?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
So frustrating! I might suggest to them that they sell them cheaper if we have to file them down to fit! ?
Collect the plastic filings, put them in an envelope and send them back and demand a partial refund! Joking aside, it is a pain in the neck when wrong parts are sent. My incorrect rear wheel bearing is huge and is nothing like the real thing. I've found Brooks Barn are really good but their stock goes up and down and they have much more than what they list a telephone call sorts that out. I've put a link below. Good luck with your project!

Reactions: Supanaut

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Collect the plastic filings, put them in an envelope and send them back and demand a partial refund! Joking aside, it is a pain in the neck when wrong parts are sent. My incorrect rear wheel bearing is huge and is nothing like the real thing. I've found Brooks Barn are really good but their stock goes up and down and they have much more than what they list a telephone call sorts that out. I've put a link below. Good luck with your project!

?that would be pretty funny actually!

I've bought a couple of things from brooks barn but on ebay... damn shipping though is always pricey from the UK to Oz, which is why I was using wemoto as they have a warehouse here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts