Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The light switch on my 1980 CB400N is missing the plastic tab.
Anyone have any advice on what I could do to fix this without having to buy a whole new right hand switchgear?

20180930_080231.jpg
Missing plastic on lever (please excuse the mutant hand grip)

A second hand right hand switchgear from ebay will set me back around AUD$100 so I was hoping there was a more affordable solution whilst keeping the bike somewhat original.

Any thought or ideas would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
228 Posts
The light switch on my 1980 CB400N is missing the plastic tab.
Anyone have any advice on what I could do to fix this without having to buy a whole new right hand switchgear?

View attachment 268816
Missing plastic on lever (please excuse the mutant hand grip)

A second hand right hand switchgear from ebay will set me back around AUD$100 so I was hoping there was a more affordable solution whilst keeping the bike somewhat original.

Any thought or ideas would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance.
Well I can't think of anything off the top of my head but tons of things take those little slider pieces on switches. Maybe find some cheap switch like that that fits approximattely at a hardware store. If it's black and fits, it'll look close enough to original nobody will really notice at a glance.

For that matter you really could just make a little bead of JB weld on there, maybe JB Weld putty, then file and sand it to shape, that would work as well as anything, and if you file and sand it nice you could make it look pretty close to what was there originally.

That's also bizarre to me seeing that switch on the right side, being American here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the tip! Will definitely give that a try

******** My apologies, I just realised that I made my post in the completely wrong section! ********

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Moved to SOHC Electrical section
I suspect that the light switch lever from a CB350 would work, all the US model 400's had permanent on headlights so switch doesn't exist here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts