Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a 1975 CB360t that is complete but was in boxes. The harness appeared to be relatively uncut but after uncovering some electrical tape i found some homemade sections. Attached is a picture of the wiring at the coils. On every wiring diagram i see each coil has a black and white wire (ignition) coming from it and either a blue or yellow wire (condenser). The left coil this stands true, one black and white and one yellow wire. The right side coil has a black and white, a blue, a yellow, and another blue. I'm confused on what this guy was thinking, and what i need to run where to make this work.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
I believe the second blue and yellow go to the same small cylinder bolted to the top of the coil bracket. That is your condenser.

Left coil & Right coil: White/Black to your kill switch (which should switch to battery power through your main switch)
Blues to blues to the blue on points.
Yellows to Yellows to the yellow on the points.

The condenser is essential for points, but doesn't matter if you have an electronic ignition.

cheers.

(let me know if that wasn't helpful, and I can take another crack at it. MIne is stock and working, so I could also show you photos if that is too confusing above.)

·
Registered
555 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts