Honda Twins banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, so been having a issue the past few days where when I start my bike, I have a full battery ( sits on tender when not riding), after about 25-35 minutes of riding around town I can tell my neutral / turn signal lights start to dim way down which is usually a sign of a dead battery, just curious as to what is causing this issue? I have no stuck lights that stay on and my battery is pretty new, any help would be appreciated thanks

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Is your bike still using the the stock regulator and rectifier? If so then chances are they're no longer up to the job of keeping the battery charged.
I would replace/upgrade them to one of the modern all in one unit like the Kohler or Sparckmoto's

http://www.hondatwins.net/forums/50.../14014-cheap-regulator-rectifier-upgrade.html

Products
12V Single Phase Regulator/Rectifier

Also are you sure your battery is holding a charge? I have seen brand new batteries that have failed before,
A good battery should hold a charge of 12.6V or more at rest.

All else failing, I would check your stator and make sure it is putting out the right voltage.

http://www.hondatwins.net/forums/50.../3870-honda-cb-350-stator-test.html#post34753

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still using the old regulator and rectifier, which make sense as to why my battery isnt keeping a full charge, read the first 10 pages of that thread and ill be buying that reg/rec combo right now! will post back once i have it hooked up. If that doesnt work ill grab another battery and should be good to go with both brand new. Thanks a ton!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
got the part in today, installed it and it runs good! just having a little trouble figuring out where to mount this thing at? whats the best place you found? mines going on a 360t

·
Registered
555 Posts
Most end up using one of the original R/R mounting holes (I ziptied the other end to keep it from flopping about). You can also drill holes in the battery box and use flush mounted screws from the other side to mount it to.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ahh okay, thats why i did use but was a little worried about only screwing in 1 hole, going over bumps and it vibrating i thought it would just vibrate off, ill get a better look at it tomorrow and see what i can do. thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
You can use some loc-tite for extra peace of mind. I also did the ziptie trick too with the other hole.

Reactions: captainrodd
1 - 9 of 9 Posts