Honda Twins banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like it says, my CB360 has a single, very distinct punch mark below the dash on the engine case. I have heard that engines with 2 punch marks received the cam chain tensioner update, but never heard of one with only one mark.

Whats the best way to double check that my engine has the new style tensioner?

Thanks again,
TJ

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
I thought there were two recalls back then - one for the tensioner and one for something to do with the rocker arms? Not sure any more.

My 360 (a '74) had two punch marks - one in front of the entire number, one above the dash.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

·
Registered
703 Posts
jnichols495 said:
My bike does not have a punch mark on the engine serial number. Should I be concerned about my cam chain tensioner?
Take it apart and have a looksy?

·
Registered
265 Posts
There were two updates, one for the rocker shafts and one for the tensioner assembly. There are usually one punch above AND below the dash in the middle of the serial(looks like a division sign).
Thank goodness mine has both. I've got the documentation about the rockers here somewhere, I'll try to get it out.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I've got the rocker update as a .doc that Bill Vaughan sent me last year when I got the bike. I don't have Office on this puter, so I have to put it on a flash and move it to the wife's rig to read it. I'll email it to anyone who wants it. He said he has the tensioner info as well, but I never got back to him for it. I should do that, Huh? :oops:
LMK.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
360fan said:
I've got the rocker update as a .doc that Bill Vaughan sent me last year when I got the bike. I don't have Office on this puter, so I have to put it on a flash and move it to the wife's rig to read it. I'll email it to anyone who wants it. He said he has the tensioner info as well, but I never got back to him for it. I should do that, Huh? :oops:
LMK.
Please do - email it to me and I'll post them on my website, with a link here for anyone to download.....

·
Registered
109 Posts
Can i get hold of a copy of that too??
I have been looking for copies of those bullitins for a long time.
Even better yet, could they be posted on here for all of us 360 owners??

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dirtbag said:
jnichols495 said:
My bike does not have a punch mark on the engine serial number. Should I be concerned about my cam chain tensioner?
Take it apart and have a looksy?

See that's just the thing, I am more than comfortable taking a look at it, but I don't have any idea what the differences are between the old style and new style.

I would love a copy of the reports as well.

Thanks,
TJ

·
Registered
265 Posts
I got them to the musicman, he should be posting a link shortly..Glad to be of service. :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts