Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a CB360 a couple weeks ago not running and I have been reubilding the top end. I just got the head back on and set cam timing but I cant seem to seat the timing chain tensioner. I watched a video of a guy replacing the tensioner and his just popped right in. Mine wont go all the way down. Does anyone know how to get it to seat? Thanks.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Ditto Doode.
You should be able to lightly feel the bottom locate into position properly, the blade will be sticking up too high and with the top bracket on, pressing it down will force it to flex into an arc that will tension the chain. I held mine down with one hand while starting a bolt with the other and ran the bolt most the way down by hand, then you can get the other bolt in ...if you didn't drop one down the chain hole :eek:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Look at the pdf dedicated to replacing the cam chain tensioner. It goes into detail about how it works and how to pull back and lock the bottom arm. use a long threaded bolt (I forget the size, but it is not much thicker than a coat hanger) and you can pull it out and fix it in place. I just use vice grips on the bolt. The tensioner goes into place more easily. I looked at the Common Motor Video and mine acted much different than the one portrayed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts