Honda Twins banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I’ll be installing a CB360 swingarm on my CB450... Hoping someone can help answering a few questions:

1) Aside from the actual swing arm, I know I will need the two chain adjusters from the 360, as well as some “t-shaped rear stops” ... What are these things? (is there a more technical name that will yield results on eBay?)

2) I’ll be getting a 530 heavy duty non o-ring chain, but what is the length of chain I will need?

3) Has anyone who’s done this experienced noticeable flex on the swingarm when cornering? Is it worth reinforcing the new swingarm?

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thank you both!

I’ve actually read through all those threads (and many others), yet still need clarification /:

So I don’t need the chain adjusters from the 360, but I need the adjuster bolts?

Another thread stated that I can just install the rear stops from the 360 instead of fabbing new ones... Is this correct?

Also, one of the above threads suggests that I don’t even need the stops if I widen the slot in the “active area”... What does this mean?

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
If you use the hub and axle from the 360 you can use the associated 360 parts.

If you want to use the 450 hub/wheel/axle you need to enlarge the slot that the axle slides in (active area).

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for responding.

Yup, I totally understand; I’m planning on using the CB450 hub and axle, so planning on enlarging the slot in the swingarm for the 450 axle to fit through.

I’m still unclear on what other parts from the 360 I will need... Adjuster bolts? Chain adjusters? Do I need to fab some kind of “rear stops”? Or can I use “rear stops” from a 360? I’m lost.

I’m hoping someone has photos? (I’d like to be crystal clear about what I’m doing before I start tearing things apart)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh ok, I think I finally figured it out...

“Rear stop” meaning the brake rod, since it needs to be the correct length to accommodate the longer swingarm. And I’m assuming the “adjuster bolt” is the bolt at the end of the rod to adjust the rear brake lever.

I was going to use the rear brake rod from a cb360 (since it would be the exact length), but since I plan to install rearsets, I’d need a custom length rod anyway.

Anything I’m missing?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts