Honda Twins banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a parts bike tonight. CB360, 74 I believe. I only needed a few little parts, but got the whole bike for less than I could buy those parts for, so now I have to get rid of the rest of it.

If anyone wants the frame they can have it for 20 bucks plus shipping when I get it stripped. I got a bill of sale for it, but wont be able to put a title on it without insuring it, and I'm not going to pay to insure a frame.

I'm probably just going to yank the side covers off the engine for my bike. The rest of the motor will be up for grabs. It is stuck now, I don't have any idea why, but will look into it further. Probably just seized pistons from sitting. It has two punch marks on the serial number.

Tank, seat and controls are mostly gone. I might take the wheels. Anything else that's there is for sale or for free. I'll post up some pics later this weekend. Gauges are complete, don't know if they work, they have a little paint overspray on them that will probably come off with some elbow grease, other than that they're nice. Forks look pretty nice.

The guy I got this from also had a pair of very nice 360 mufflers and headpipes. Right side muffler had 2 - 1/8" holes about 4 inches from the end on the bottom, but it didnt sound like a maraca when I shook it and didn't cave in when I pushed on the holes. Left side had no holes, but a small dent just above the kickstand pad. Chrome was a little faded in places, but they looked like they'd clean up quite nicely. He said he'd take 50 each for them. PM me and I'll pass along his number to anyone who's interested.

·
Sensei
27,163 Posts
Just to clarify for both members....Rampage, I presume you need a good top bridge.... Correct?..... And tj, the lower tree will possibly be needed by a member looking to add a steering damper to their bike..... (Two members have toyed with the idea so far...)

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm one of the guys who wants to do a steering damper! Steve, thanks for looking out for us. Let me know if you need me to move on certain parts!

·
Sensei
27,163 Posts
Yes Eric... That's why I want you to clarify exactly what "tree" parts you need... I'd suggest the entire tree... Stem/lower bracket to modify, and a "spare" top as they are prone to cracking...... :D :lol: Steve

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yes, I imagine the whole thing. The one I have now is driving me around to work!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I need to double check the tree on my bike first to make sure its not bent. I did have a slightly tweaked upper fork tube on that bike. But assuming mine is straight, I do have a spare.

66 Sprint: How "prone to cracking" are these? Or is this a joke at someone who broke one doing something rather...um...shall we say...foolish? Do I need to hang out to this as my own spare? Haha.

Let me get this straight...

Rampage needs the "Bridge, Fork Top"

and

Bone needs the stem and bearings and such?

Hows 10 bucks plus whatever USPS flatrate box they'll fit in sound to both of you? I'll polish the bridge for another 25 bucks, heh.

It will be a little while (next week or so) til I get a chance to yank these off, are you in a hurry for parts?

-TJ

·
Sensei
27,163 Posts
Everyone I know who has a 360 (or a bike running 360 or 400 forks) keeps a "spare" top bridge.... Both members are likely to want both parts (entire trees) or nothing, but I can't really speak for them.....They'll have to post their exact desires ....
I'll just build the units as all parts become available....

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yes, i need the top bridge. Mine is cracked but holding (probably till i disassemble it next time).
The rest of my tree is good.

Ten plus shipping sounds fine to me.
Just let me know where to send payment & shipping directions.

·
Sensei
27,163 Posts
Rampage..... If your top tree is cracked, the bike is unsafe to ride... Replace it asap!
There are several other bikes that can "donate" a workable top tree, but they may have minor differences such as different mount points for gauges, etc.... The easiest to find are the CB/CM 400 variants (the aluminum bridges, not the steel ones).....Tube size, spacing, and offset are identical..........

·
Registered
109 Posts
66Sprint said:
Rampage..... If your top tree is cracked, the bike is unsafe to ride... Replace it asap!
There are several other bikes that can "donate" a workable top tree, but they may have minor differences such as different mount points for gauges, etc.... The easiest to find are the CB/CM 400 variants (the aluminum bridges, not the steel ones).....Tube size, spacing, and offset are identical..........
That is why i have been watching for one all summer.
Every time I find one it's gone by time i can get hold of the person or it's in worse condition than mine.
I found the crack just starting & it's still in that condition . .I want to change it before it breaks completely off.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Rampage1967 said:
66Sprint said:
That is why i have been watching for one all summer.
Every time I find one it's gone by time i can get hold of the person or it's in worse condition than mine.
I found the crack just starting & it's still in that condition . .I want to change it before it breaks completely off.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Honda-1977-CB360-CB- ... 2308185873

I should build these. In fact tomorrow i'm going to model one up and see how much it is to get manufactured.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Is there a front fender on it? I'm also looking for a nice set of handlebars.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hey man, I was wondering if you still had the swing arm? What would you like to ship it to 98206? Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Would you be able to sell the cam chain guide and cam chain tensioner from the engine?
Am in desperate in need of both sides of the cam chain tensioner setup. :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
Still got the points cover for it? How about the starter motor? Let me know what you'd like for those plus shipping to 29455.
Thanks
Graham

1 - 18 of 18 Posts