Honda Twins banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That sure is a long title. My CB360 used to have clubman bars. Ages ago, I purchased a SS braided brake hose/line for my bike, and since I had clubman bars, I selected the “shorty” upper brake hose to account for the master cylinder being much lower.

I am now going to something between stock and drag bars (Renthal Ultra Low bars) and that shorty hose is way too short to even come close. Is it possible to source just a “regular length” ss braided brake hose instead of paying extra $$$ for the whole kit?

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Just get out your local yellow pages and look for a local company that makes up brake, and hydraulic hoses. I use a company called Tompkins Industries. They do have locations all over the country. But there are others.
TOOLS

·
Registered
555 Posts
I might be misremembering, but I think 4-into-1 sells theirs in pieces too. Might be able to source a short upper that way.

·
Registered
342 Posts
My local bike dealer has brake lines and fittings that you can custom
make a brake line any size or type you need. Worked good for me.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Honda dealer down the street doesn't have a "crimping machine". Common Motor never got back to me on my "custom order" (and will probably charge an arm and a leg). I will call around some shops in my area to see if I can get one custom made for a reasonable price. Otherwise, I can't justify spending $75 for a whole new set, and might got with 4 into 1's plan rubber hose.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
342 Posts
Looks like a deal to me. A local motorcycle shop has that sort of thing in stock.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
apex and galfer can make custom lines.

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh sorry I didn't post a follow up. I ordered from 4 into 1. Stuff should be coming in tomorrow. I hope to install this weekend.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I can do you one better. I should have a video posted tomorrow once my replacement upper hose comes in... :D

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bleh, scratch that...
Package was rerouted from next town over to across the country...:roll:

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Handlebars installed in this video:

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well it turns out that while the "screw together" SS braided hose kit from 4into1 was the correct length, the fitting length (non-flexible joints) was way too long for the Renthal Ultra-Low bars. No matter how I rotated the hose end and master cylinder, I could not bend the hose assembly in to the proper routing. I am going to go ahead and purchase a regular rubber hose that will accommodate the bending required for my setup.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts