Honda Twins banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
Can anyone please shed some light on problem I have with my 360. It starts and runs fine. Ticks over lovely but whoever I go out on it after about ten minutes is goes on to one cylinder. Once it is cool again it runs on two again. Any ideas Please

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Try swapping your coils(if your wires will reach). If the problem switches to the other cylinder you have a bad coil.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Hot coils could definitely be it with what you described. Does it pick up once you get past idle? Thinking it could be your float heights or idle adjustment - if it’s gettung too rich once it warms up on one carb and dies, as your mixture will richen with heat.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It doesn’t seem to make any difference what throttle opening I have. There is no response from the left cylinder when warm. I have set all the valve clearances so that shouldn’t be a problem I will trying sapwapping coils next.
Could a faulty condenser cause this problem??

·
Registered
554 Posts
I don’t think a condenser would - the issue J-T mentioned is that dying coils sometimes fail only when they get hot. So they’ll run fine when cold, but once they get hot, they stop working. By swapping the coil and signal wires, if the problem moves with it, you know youve got a coil issue.

Usually a bad condenser will manifest itself by hard sparking across the points - like you’ll hear the crackling from feet away. That’ll slowly munge the contact surfaces of the points and ruin your timing and ability to time it right.

·
Registered
49 Posts
hello,

I have same issue but with right side.

I manged to fix all my issues and bike was running like thunder.

But than somehow after few miles or higher rpm ( i dunno why) bike desided to use only one cylinder. So I checked all cables and so on and i managed to get it run good again. everything was fine than again after while just one cylinder.

I have:
new coils
new sparplugs
carbs cleaned million times

and bike is running only on one cylinder Only left side.

I removed right plug and bike was able to start on one left cylinder, but I removed left plug and bike was not able to start. thats mean left side is ok but right side is not ok

I tried to change coils, cleaned carbs, change plugs, sparkplugs, and always its only left side.
i noticed left sparkplug is looking nice yellowish but right side has some oil on spark plug..

so i really dunno whats going on now. i was happy it was everything working but nah its never ending story...

any suggestion guys what may be wrong?

Thank you

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Get a can of freeze spray(used to troubleshoot electronic components) and go riding. When it craps out point the freeze spray under the tank and cool off the coil. If it comes back to life after cooling the coil down then you'll know the coil is bad.

·
Registered
38 Posts
hello,

I have same issue but with right side.

I manged to fix all my issues and bike was running like thunder.

But than somehow after few miles or higher rpm ( i dunno why) bike desided to use only one cylinder. So I checked all cables and so on and i managed to get it run good again. everything was fine than again after while just one cylinder.

I have:
new coils
new sparplugs
carbs cleaned million times

and bike is running only on one cylinder Only left side.

I removed right plug and bike was able to start on one left cylinder, but I removed left plug and bike was not able to start. thats mean left side is ok but right side is not ok

I tried to change coils, cleaned carbs, change plugs, sparkplugs, and always its only left side.
i noticed left sparkplug is looking nice yellowish but right side has some oil on spark plug..

so i really dunno whats going on now. i was happy it was everything working but nah its never ending story...

any suggestion guys what may be wrong?

Thank you
I had a similar issue once. It turned out that one of the throttle shaft seals had fallen out. I bought these ones from ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-Honda-C...ash=item2cb9b18f90:g:0dgAAOSw9GhYkoHD&vxp=mtr
plugged them in and it ran on two cylinders again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts