Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm completely overhauling my wheels and I think the Avon Roadrider AM26 wheels are what I'm going to buy. Front is 90/90-18 and rear is 100/90-18.

Following the chart here: http://www.hondatwins.net/forums/at...tant-considerations-recommend-tire-size-1.jpg it looks like I'll want to use a 2.15 front and a 2.50 rear rim set. I just wanted to double-check before buying something so expensive. Are these okay rim sizes to use or should I go down one size for each?

Also not sure it'll make a difference but it's for a CB350 frame.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Not expert on wheels for these bikes, but I'm betting you wouldn't want to go down a size from there. Also, what is the possibility of going with a 19 on front? Are there more tire selections in pairs with those rims sizes? These pairs are pretty hard to find a good selection of tires for, now would be the time to fix that.
Watching this thread...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I'll probably stick to the chart, which of course matches Avon's suggested rim width. I don't imagine going a width size down within spec would help much anyway. I considered a 19" front but I'd really like to have both rims 18" for this build.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Any follow up on your wheel/tire project? Did you go with the Avon AM26 and did they have them for 18" front and rear?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts