Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I got a CB360 a few months ago. It's my first bike, and already in pieces. I need a cylinder hone, or to replace the cylinders.
So anyway, I was wondering what mods any of you cb360 guys may suggest for more speed/power. I'm very comfortable on the bike, but it may be nice to make some changes while it's in hundreds of pieces.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Apparently these 360's are tricky enough to sort out in their stock form, mostly due to inferrior carbs and hard to find jets. Unless you are willing to buy some non CV carbs and tune for pod filters and a more open exhaust, I cant imagine there are too many "race parts" available for these bikes. Check cylinders for wear and upsize or replace piston/rings with a hone/re-bore if needed as well as new points/coils/condensers/plugs/leads and caps. I strongly reccomend getting her tip top in stock form first before modding anything.

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks alot. I had a spare motor, so I have some replacement pistons now. I just need to get the cylinders honed and get new rings. I ordered a complete gasket set today, so I'll replace all of those when I reassemble. I haven't been able to find any reasonably priced piston rings. Do you know where i could find some?
New plugs will go on once I get it back together. Points are fairly new, as is the rest of the stuff you mentioned.
Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
CarolinaBoy said:
I haven't been able to find any reasonably priced piston rings. Do you know where i could find some?
Let ebay become your friend and the rings will find you :ugeek:

:p

p.s. I have a NOS set of 1 oversize rings that you can have for cheap, but you will need to pay shipping from down under.....

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are those rings for use on standard pistons? Or would I have to purchase oversized pistons?
I'm new to all this. :D

How much do you want for them?
I'd have to have the cylinder bored rather than honed with oversized rings. Let me check on the prices for that.

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Take the cyinders to your machinist to get measured first. That will tell you if you need to rebore for oversize pistons. I cant find specs for stock bore, but the next size up should be bored to 67.26 - 67.27 (2.6480 - 2.6488).
The ring set I have is for 1 size up pistons (0.25) of which I also have a good used pair. PM me after you get those cyliderers measured if you need the pistons and rings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts