Honda Twins banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

On my way to work today my lovely CB360 started to die out. Seemed like shorting to the coils.

Bike stalls,

Can't start with kick start.

Push button for starter and nothing.

Headlight comes on with key on.

Shorted across the starter solenoid and that works.

No fuses blown.

Anyone have any ideas?

I'm suspecting the kill switch at this point.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh and I had to push it a block. Not cool honda .... no cool.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I tell you what, I've been in that situation twice in my travels and it was because I accidentally hit the kill switch with my hand without realizing it. The starter button doing nothing is pretty telling.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so the starter button has to do with my clutch not being pulled. My bike either needs the clutch pulled in sometimes or it doesn't. It's fooled me twice now.

The bike still wont run. I suspect points somehow. I'll deal with it later.

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Does yours have the clutch lever switch? Just remove it if poses as a possible fault.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The black n white wire from the switch is grounded. Im not sure it's supposed to when it's on the run position since it goes to the coil. Anyone else know what the wires in teh switch should read?

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Points grounded. Problem solved.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I totally rewired everything to do with the ignition except the points wires. There was a tiny piece of bare metal from the ring and each time i screwed the points cover on it would sporadically short out. So i'm going to cut out the bottom of that dam cover. I don't ride this thing in the rain anyway. Sheesh what a total pain in the ass.

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
It's not necessary to cut the point cover if the wires on on there properly.

Here is an example of how the 450 wires run. You can click on the magnifiying glass with the + to zoom in.

I had a similar problem with my 350 and it was all due to the wires not routed properly.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Haha I've done that too. I'm not breaking down again because of points.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
HerrDeacon said:
Or you could just coat the inside of the cover with some type of rubber or something just to prevent contact with the metal cover.
I did that when I had the Hondaman Ignition installed. It worked

1 - 14 of 14 Posts