Honda Twins banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a luggage rack for my '74 CB360 from a member, thanks Ariel! The rack is in great shape, just some surface oxidation, but structually it's sound as a dollar. Here's a couple pics of the rack before I start the restoration. I hope to have the finished product on my bike soon! :D

And for fun from the AMA Hall Of Fame Trip, Honda Dream 50r

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
use some 0000 steel wool and chrome cleaner on it. You will be amazed.
Don

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guys! I actually have been using a combination of 0000 steel wool/ Coke bathe and brass brush, also brass wire wheel on my dremel. Looking pretty sweet currently. I will get some pics this weekend before I start to really polish.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's my finished pics from all the restoring and polishing before the install.

And finally on the CB with new stainless steel hardware.

I was really happy with how it turned out!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Znabb said:
Oh dear! Think I just burnt my retinas but I still can't stop looking at the shiny stuff. :shock:

Really excellent work. They look like NOS. You should be proud.
^^Thanks, the Coke bath helped out a lot. I used that technique on an older mustang chrome bumper. Then a warm soapy water bath with 0000 steel wool. And finally polishing couple times over. It does look almost too new :?

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Lookin sweeet man, I hope to find one for my 360 also.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
This may be an odd request but... I just bought a luggage rack for my 360 and am having trouble figuring out where the diagonal slanted bars on the underside of the rack attach to the bike. Would you be willing to post a photo of where yours is attached?

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
I have a rack with the same type brackets. As Steve said they go to the hoop. As I recall they had to be persuaded in there a bit. I can take a pic tonight when I get home.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Thanks for the photos. The brackets on mine are a bit different but in looking at it and with the U Bolt tips I think I figured it out. Thanks everyone for the help!

~ Krista

1 - 15 of 15 Posts