Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got my cb360 carbs rebuilt and sonic cleaned. I replaced all the jets, springs. I had the kit from common moto and put 115 jets in it to make up for my pod filters.

But I'm having a running issue. It will run on the first kick for about 20 seconds and then dies. And then when I kick it over the there is gas dripping out the right side intake where the air filter connects. And then it won't fire at all, and when I pull the plug it's completely wet.

I let it sit overnight and then it will start on the first kick and then gives me the same problems.

So do I have too big of jets in it? It doesn't come out the overflow tube just out the intake side

·
Registered
539 Posts
First - make sure that overflow tube isn't clogged. I had this problem - the carb was overflowing and didn't have anywhere to go so there's gas coming out of my air filter ???? it was confusing. Next - make sure your floats are set correctly and that the float needles are functional. AND make sure your floats "float". Test them in gasoline.

Next - put your stock air back on. ;) Ok, kidding I suppose, there are pod guys and not pod guys on here - I prefer stock, so I can't speak to your jet size, tho maybe 110's would be better.

Check your mixture screws - you are running extremely rich is my guess.

Better minds than mine will be along, but basically you're flooding out.

Reactions: elliefresh

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright I will have to set the float heights. I will have to find a thread on how to do that.

If I had my stock air box I would probably try putting it on just to run it. Haha but I have a stripped down bike.

I will try putting the stock jets back in and set the floats to the factory height and see what I can do.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Alright I will have to set the float heights. I will have to find a thread on how to do that.

If I had my stock air box I would probably try putting it on just to run it. Haha but I have a stripped down bike.

I will try putting the stock jets back in and set the floats to the factory height and see what I can do.
This might help- » Honda CB Carburetor Rebuild &raquo Motor Mayhem

1 - 4 of 4 Posts