Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Kingsville,Ont., Canada's most southern town. Not south enough-it is still cold out there in my unheated bike shed! When I was younger, I used to anxiously await spring to go out riding, now I await spring just to go out! With that in mind, not much will be happening to the 360 for awhile. Ahh the 360. I've been into bikes since'58/'59 so when a friend asked me to look for a Honda that he could make a semi-replica of a road racing bike, this was found on Kijiji about eight years ago for $200.00. Two weeks ago he asked if I wanted it, so here it sits, complete sans air cleaners or side covers, stock & untouched with 7448 miles on the odometer.
This is now the 5th. bike in my stable, the others being an '84 Suzuki GS750, '84 Suzuki GS1150, Bultaco-Metisse/Triumph 500, and finally a Triumph 650 Bonneville that I purchased new in '66. The last time I rode a bike was in 2002 on the 1150. Other interests, another wife who refuses to ride, a German Shepherd who won't ride either, y'all get the photo. Anyway both Suzukis are running on 1-2 cylinders last time I checked, fuel issues either due to rust(petuie) plugging carb. passages or ethanol (petuie again) doing in the carb rubber.
Back to the 360. If time and motivation persists, I'll clean the carbs., new points c/w GM HEI ign. mod. that I ran across in another thread, replace the wires going to the points that were pinched flat under the points cover, wash the grimy beast as soon as warm weather comes(it was kept in a fabricating shop uncovered for 7 yrs.), get hydraulic front brake working-it was exciting backing the bike out of the van down the ramps by myself without front brakes, and a ton of other things needed to be done. I'd sell it if I wasn't such a hoarder and besides, I like tinkering!
Thats' all the intro. for now as my index finger is hurting from all that typing. Bye for now, see you in the forums. Alan.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Welcome Alan - and you apparently type as I do, with index fingers and a thumb for the spacebar. :D I understand the wife that won't ride (well, once in a blue moon) but the Shepherd won't either...? oh well, riding solo just lets you enjoy things more, like the occasional blast up to speed without getting beaten about the head and shoulders! But to not have ridden since 2002 despite having all that hardware sitting there... anyway, you'll get plenty of help here for the 360. but there is one requirement - pictures.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome 'dad, my hat is off to you if you've posted over 5000 times using just one finger and thumb! I've found that I can type almost twice as fast by using two index fingers and a thumb. When I get tired from typing at the computer, I've discovered that I can even type with one eye closed! I appreciate your interest in not just me, but in various other threads as well.
The reason I haven't rode in so many years is that after removing and cleaning the carbs. on the Suzukis, the bikes ran fine for awhile then carb. issues again. Aaaruggghh! Maybe in my next life, I'll tackle them again.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Well, I actually use both index fingers - but I'm also semi-retired, with the emphasis more on the retired part in the last year or so. More time on my hands with less income, spending time on the forum is cheap entertainment. the key to having a bike that runs well is riding it more often... carbs and batteries, they both need exercise or they take a dump.

So, where are the pictures of the 360? ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Photos are coming. Am having problems with Windows Installer in attempting to install photo editing software. Good thing its cold outside as I wouldn't take the time to mess with the computer. I'll bet postings drop big time in warmer days.Cheers, Alan.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Alan. Patiently awaiting pics of your bikes here. I'm just down the road from you in Windsor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts