Honda Twins banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rebuilding a 1974 CB 360 I bought in boxes - it was sitting for 2 years.

I have it together but not im struggling with the horrid electrical. WELL it won't start. Everything seems to be fine but my right side spark plug is not giving spark. Its not the spark plug, I tried it on both sides, works on the left side.

I presume it is a bad ignition coil. I am having trouble finding a solid working ignition coil that is a guarantee working part without spending a bunch of money.

Anyone have any idea if this would be the issue or if I should check something else before spending money on something that may or may not fix the issue.

Thanks!

-Andrea:confused:

·
Sensei
27,141 Posts
We've posted this pictorial "coil testing" drawing numerous times..... Make sure it's a bad coil before ordering a new one.....
Could just be a bad connection between the wire end and the plug cap...... Phone if you'd like....540-525-5199....

·
Registered
81 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Sorry, i have been searching for ways to test them and haven't ran across it.

So I tested both of the ignition coils with an OHMS meter - the primary was reading .7 and the secondary was reading 12500. From what I researched, this is good and my coils should be fine.

Back to the drawing board. It is a brand new, well rebuilt new, motor, so hoping it is just having trouble getting that initial spark. Thinking about trying starter fluid?

·
Sensei
27,141 Posts
I posted the test two posts back in THIS topic.....

NO!, .7 Ohms is NOT good for a ~5 Ohm coil primary......

You may phone....540-525-5199.....Steve

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
81 Posts
howdy -

yeah, but it might take me a day or 2 to have some time with the bike.

in the meantime, its pretty simple.

1" x .0125" aluminum stock. left stock brackets on the bike. drilled holes in the stock where the old condenser mounted, drilled holes for new condenser bolts & rounded off the edges. took a pretty decent corner off to make it fit under the tank.

the one note it to try and keep things as tight to the bike as possible, remember the tank fits over.

i might have some pics laying around that might be just as useful...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
howdy -

yeah, but it might take me a day or 2 to have some time with the bike.

in the meantime, its pretty simple.

1" x .0125" aluminum stock. left stock brackets on the bike. drilled holes in the stock where the old condenser mounted, drilled holes for new condenser bolts & rounded off the edges. took a pretty decent corner off to make it fit under the tank.

the one note it to try and keep things as tight to the bike as possible, remember the tank fits over.

i might have some pics laying around that might be just as useful...
Sounds easy enough! Between that and MTPockets photos I should be able to make something work.

Thanks again!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts