Honda Twins banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an opportunity to get a Cb360 front wheeel in great condition with the disc brake on it, as well as a front brake set and reseirvoir/handle. Is that all I need? It should just bolt up, speedo cable should still fit, etc, etc? I'm trying to check it on the manual and it seems that is all I would need, but I'm not sure if I am missing something.

Thanks for any help!

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Caliper, carry arm and pivot, adjustment bolt, spring and locknut....

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
I don't think so. My CB360G parts bike has drum front brakes and the forks don't have a way to mount the caliper arm. I think you will need a new set of forks to match up :-/

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Kruk,
I think it depends on the year of the CJ....'76 models had provisions for the caliper mounting......(mine had them).... If you look at Hogie's CJ, it is plain to see the caliper would bolt right on..... Link to his page 1 pics follows....
viewtopic.php?t=1026

;) Steve

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Heres the fiche pics for the CJ forks and CB disc forks. They look the same but have different part numbers. The CJ360 left fork lower is #51520-388-003 (still available) whilst the CB360 is #51521-369-000 (not available).

Now the weird news is the '74 CB360 with DRUM front brake is the same part # as the later disc models. So it may be safe to say that ALL 360's shared a common left fork lower........ :?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
66Sprint said:
Kruk,
I think it depends on the year of the CJ....'76 models had provisions for the caliper mounting......(mine had them).... If you look at Hogie's CJ, it is plain to see the caliper would bolt right on..... Link to his page 1 pics follows....
viewtopic.php?t=1026

;) Steve
OOOO Interesting!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think it would bolt up, because one side of the fender has a metal spacer and the toher does not. I think this is where the caliper would mount.

These are what I'm lookin at, does this seems to be about all I would need?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290371687986&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250534763296&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230402605774&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Thanks

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I'd stay away from that used master cylinder. Buying a used brake master cylinder is a crap shoot at best. Upgrading, for a few more dollars, to a more modern variety of master will help your braking system immensely. Many are available on Ebay and other sites for around $50.

Also, inspect those brake hoses very well for any age related wear or cracks, and if in doubt replace them. Stainless lines can be had for close to the same price as stock lines these days...

Additionally, you may just end up having to rebuild that old Honda caliper as well... If the piston is in good shape then you might just get by with a good cleaning and replacing the sealing ring. Should be about $7 for that seal..

GB :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Bird76Mojo said:
I'd stay away from that used master cylinder. Buying a used brake master cylinder is a crap shoot at best. Upgrading, for a few more dollars, to a more modern variety of master will help your braking system immensely. Many are available on Ebay and other sites for around $50.
So true!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FRONT-BR ... 19b804570d

I have this and I love it!

·
Premium Member
2,154 Posts
This is a pretty old thread you posted in, but, all the CJ forks can use disc brake.
The torque arm mount is where the lower pivot bolt fits. You may need a new mudguard bracket to clear the top pivot
Britain never had the drum version, disc only

1 - 12 of 12 Posts