Honda Twins banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Welcome! Good to have another 360 around :D

I too am surprised at the condition of your seat. Anytime I see one of these old bikes, it looks like the PO got hungry and took a bite out of the cover and the foam!

BTW where are you from?

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
I'm beginning to think that mine will be the last unfinished 360 on hondatwins....dude you're really flyin :shock: How long have you had it...2 weeks?
Did it run before you cleaned it up?

Lee

·
Registered
703 Posts
leethal said:
I'm beginning to think that mine will be the last unfinished 360 on hondatwins....dude you're really flyin :shock: How long have you had it...2 weeks?
Did it run before you cleaned it up?

Lee
Get at er. Mine's done. Im just waitin for my custom tank and seat. If anyone needs a pristine cb360 tank lemme know.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all, I am just doing a quick resurrection to make it suitable to ride in the city. For the seat, it was in great condition (including the pan) but the bike only has 5,000 miles on it. The spokes were a different story, I think I spent several hours sanding those to a somewhat shine and clearing to prevent further rusting. I painted the frame and related parts with primer and rustoleum paint, motor with duplicolor engine enamel, and the wheel hubs and forks with duplicolor wheel paint. I'm hoping to get my carb parts and fork seals this weekend to reassemble. It didn't run when I got it so I'll have to keep my fingers crossed after reassembly.

Jazon, what kind of pipes are those? I'm attempting to cut my stockers down, weld up some holes, and piece together a "custom" baffle.

Leethal, I read all of your bike build yesterday and it is unreal. The extra time and attention to detail will be well worth the wait.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Bone said:
Dirtbag said:
Get at er. Mine's done. Im just waitin for my custom tank and seat. If anyone needs a pristine cb360 tank lemme know.
How much do you want for it?
Not sure yet. It does have a scratch in the paint where the numbnuts before me slammed his bars into it. It's not dented though.

Whenever I replace it we'll talk. I'm keepin the petcock though.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got my pricey carb diaphragm today and it seems a little large for the 360 carb. I checked a couple other websites and the part # (16022-369-004) matches on all but it just seems like it doesn't fit. Any advice on this would be helpful :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't know if everyone is aware of these two websites but they have been good to me and the parts are about 33% off dealer prices it seems so I thought I'd spread the word. apachemotorcycles.com and hondapartsnation.com

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
This was discussed.... Those are part of the 'safety' switching that prevents e-starting unless the bike is in neutral, or if in gear, the clutch must be pulled in..... They were NOT connected on the 74 models in the US, although they are in the harness. In succeeding years, they were hooked up through a diode (also NOT on a 74)....Just ignore them....

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I figured the diaphragm situation out, I don't know if this is common knowledge but for newbies like me it may help. I just "folded" the diaphragm inside out and dropped it right in. It was definitely not going in by trying to force the gasket into the groove "opened up the correct way".

I have those 2 wires as well and they are not connected to anything.

I have the bike completely reassembled less my ghetto exhaust that I need to doll up. I fired it up on starting fluid only and it wasn't getting any gas in the bowls. I removed the petcock and it was full of junk. I thoroughly cleaned/replaced the petcock and the fuel was flowing fine to the carbs. Restart and ran on starting fluid only again, no fuel accumulation in the bowls. I removed the carbs and installed new jets (slow jet was clogged badly) and valves from a Keyster kit, and adjusted the floats (they were at 25mm rather than 18.5mm). That is where I stand; I will reinstall the carbs and try to fire it up again to see if the issue is resolved.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts