Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I took a ride the other day and the clutch assembly "popped". The steel balls came out of the track or something. So now I fixed all that but I can't seem to adjust my clutch properly. It will not fully disengage. Still seems to be grabbing no matter what adjustment I have it at.

Anyone have a clue? It was fine before I took it all apart to polish the cover up. All the parts are in even the little steel ball.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I noticed Krukster has the same issue but adjusted while the bike was running and all was well. Could this be my case? Clutch was fine before all this crap.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Hmm, I did not really adjust when I was running, its just that I went for a ride and the clutch would disengage extremely late. I putt putted back to the garage and adjusted it per the manual (and advice from wise forum members :D ).

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess i'll just ride it. It was sitting all winter and had no oil in it for 2 months. Perhaps something's just a little bindy.

If it continues to be a pain i'll just tear it down and re-clutch it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
That adjustment is a bit finicky on a 360 . .at least mine was.

Try this.
Completely slacken or even disconnect your cable from the lever.
Tighten the screw adjuster on the case to zero free play and them back it off 1/8 to 1/4 turn.
Reconnect and adjust the cable.

This may take a couple tries, but it does work if your clutch is good. mine hasn't had to be touched in a couple years.

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Is your cable routed correctly (no sharp bends)? Also, it wouldn't hurt to remover the handlebar lever and smack some grease into the pivot area. How old is the clutch cable?

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think the routing is fine. I'll check it tonite. I would gather the cable is 30 years old.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok I loosened the cable stuff. Re-adjusted. Still sticking a little. Took it for a ride and now it's perfect. I'm sure it's from sitting all winter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts