Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
When I removed my CB360 engine for the top end rebuild, I simply yanked out the left rear cover with clutch cable still attached. Now that my engine is back I made sure all the pieces were still in there and reattached the cover. My clutch cable is able to be pulled in all the way and snaps back no problem. However when I popped it into first gear and pulled in the clutch, I was not able to spin the rear wheel freely, it was as if I did not have the clutch pulled in at all. I looked at my service manual and adjusted the clutch to the settings it recommends and nothing changed. What am I doing wrong here?

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
Kruk....Check to see that the "D" shaped plate with the three ball bearings is in place....If it is, you adjusted it incorrectly...Try again...

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep it was in its place, back to the garage tomorrow!

Correct me if I am wrong.
1. Turn upper clutch cable all the way into the clutch lever housing
2. Loosen the clutch cable lower adjuster (clockwise) - How loose is this supposed to be?
3. Turn clutch adjuster (flat head screwdriver) counterclockwise till resistance is felt.
4. Then turn clutch adjuster clockwise 1/4 turn.
5. Tighten the clutch cable lower adjuster so there is 12-20mm of play in the lever

·
Registered
101 Posts
"5. Tighten the clutch cable lower adjuster so there is 12-20mm of play in the lever"

How 'bout 1.2-2.0mm of play?

NE

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got it figured out, stupid mistake mostly.

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
'Fess up...We haven't had a Homer winner in awhile....What stupid mistake?..

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok so when I tried out the clutch, it was with the bike not running. I set up the clutch adjustment in spec 100%. With the bike off I tried twirling the wheel with clutch in and in 1st gear. I was getting pissed so I said "whatever" and started her up. I shifted into 1st and slowly let out the clutch and transitioned effortlessly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts