Honda Twins banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all.i just purchased a 1974 CB360G.and i'm trying to rebuild the Kelkhin carbs and in the process i took off the top cover removed the vacum piston & spring and the primary Air Jet-and the 2 secoundary Jets.as i was cleaning them i noticed they were different sizes 1 is 150 1 is 85 1 is 50 problem is i don't remember in which location ea.one goes. i really need some help on this

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Look at the carb that you didn't disassemble yet....
Presumably, you took only one apart at a time to keep the original parts associated with the original carb they were installed in, and thus have a "reference sample" as well....
Failing that, you might find the necessary info on the parts fiche and list...... (part #'s 30, 31, 32)

Honda Cb360g 1974 Usa Carburetor - schematic partsfiche

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
unfortunately i had cleaned and put them back in before i noticed it.i went to the other carb.thats when i noticed the diff.numbers so thats the mess i have made.but it is good that i caught it intime,that just makes me feel a lil better.

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
So....The linked fiche clarified it for you?....;)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you soooo very much that fiche is just what i needed,you know from now on i look at everything

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh where have you been in my life!!that set is great.oh thank you so much photoguy for the info.i'm new to these's CB360s looks like i joined the Forum you Guys really help

·
Registered
384 Posts
Also, as Steve said...I dis-assembled and re-assembled one at a time using the other as a guide for what went where.

I replaced the diaphragms as well at the same time, from JBM (one had a tear, and they were old). I used the Common Motor re-build kits without issue though is seems to be recommended here to use OEM if possible. Bike is now running great where it had a few sputtering/high rev issues before the carb rebuild.

Good luck-

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm having trouble extracting the needle valve seat out is there a trick to it ??

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry about the last question i didn't look far enough on that set.thank so much for your advise mike

·
Registered
384 Posts
I was replacing the needle valve so I just grabbed it with a set of small pliers and twisted it out without much concern for damaging it.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mine was really stuck it took a easy out to pull it.man it was tight.i'll just keep on pullen thxs for the help

1 - 12 of 12 Posts