Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled my engine apart a few weeks back to find the tensioner slipper side had broken in two parts.
So - no problems i thought, I'll just hop onto cmsnl or david silvers and order a new one.... :(

After trying to get a new set of both the cam chain guide and the tensioner/slipper side for my '74 360 for the last few weeks - I'd though I'd post up my findings for others in the same situation.

The 2 parts in question have the following numbers:

Slipper tensioner : 14520-369-010 (early original version ends in 000)
Cam chain guide : 14611-369-000

The first part -tensioner (14520-369-010) i can find from ebay where there are a few NOS slippers available. Every single honda dealership or NOS stockist was unable to find any tensioners at all.

The second part - the cam chain guide (14611-369-000) i cannot find anywhere listed at all. I thought i had tracked one down from a NOS stockist in Australia but they couldnt find the item - even though the inventory showed they had one. Sound familiar to everyone out there? :?:

From what i can work out my options are as follows:
1. Find a used cam chain guide from the wreckers / honda forums like this.
2. Get a few fabricated out of modern replacement materials like Delrin which has been mentioned on other forums i think re the cb360 on Do the Ton
3. For the slipper: another part number my book shows available for the cb 250K5 / 250 G5, 360 / 360G is 14520-323-000. Cms list this stock as available and also David Silver lists it as 'temporarily out of stock' - as opposed to the usual 'discontinued no longer available'.

What i would like is your ideas out there to find a more permanent solution.
Are any other CB models that have slippers very similar to the cb250 and 360 which would work at a pinch? Has anyone else thought of machining a batch of guides or slippers for a group buy?
Are there other ways of making a different tensioner and retro fitting it to the 250/360's?
I know user Mysta2 from Do the Ton has made some CNC machined slippers out of delrin which may be a possible replacement but as yet dont know if anyone has actually tried them out.
I'm starting to get to the stage where i have run out of ideas so if you have any I'd love to hear them. :cool:

·
Premium Member
69 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Re: CB360 Cam chain TENSIONER - Solutions to this old chestn

My apologies for bringing up such an old topic.

Has anyone found a place to get this part? Or found a cam chain guide from another model that would work for the cb360?

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts