Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Getting so close! Blinkers are fixed, bike starts happily, just chasing the last couple things. I’ve got a bit of a hanging throttle that I’m assuming is a vacuum leak, but WD-40 around the boots doesn’t seem to do anything, and the shaft plugs are solidly installed. Is there anywhere else I should be looking for that?

Also, in the entire time I’ve had this bike, it’s always popped under deceleration - I dynamically checked the timing and it looks spot on, but is that behavior to be expected or something misadjusted somewhere? It’s been overbored to PJ’s 378, and I’ve never been positive if that’d impact it or not.

Pat

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Just curious what would happen if you richen the pilot screw, maybe like 3/4 turn, to assist with the popping at decel?

·
Premium Member
2,154 Posts
It's more likely an air leak somewhere, overtightened intake boots distort, vacuum caps on carbs distort, extra exhaust gaskets, short exhaust systems can all cause popping

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll give it a try and report back! There was a pretty wide range where the idle didn't seem affected by the pilot screw, so I don't think 3/4 turn will hurt at all.

·
Premium Member
2,154 Posts
anything fro 1/2 to 3 turns out is 'normal', use what works best

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gotcha - I think you're right about the air leak though, because the idle seemed to have a bit of a mind of its own. I'll try pulling the carb boots and replacing the gaskets, for one - I left the ones on that were stuck on boots (like an idiot), so I imagine that isn't helping :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,154 Posts
Don't know if you ever saw TREK97's post, he had new manifolds with a 'bend' in them. Use a file to flatten them off if 'bent' (or shoot hima message on DTT)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts