Honda Twins banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been creating new speedometer and tach gauge faces to re-build some of my CB350's.

They have been printed and are ready for sale if anyone is interested.

Right now I'm trying to sell some on ebay, but if anyone here would like to have a set,
I'll sell a set for $35 which would include shipping (domestic shipping). I can ship international, but shipping may be a bit more.

I have a total of 8 sets, but can get more printed if there is a demand.

Here is my website with instructions and some pics of the final pics.

http://sites.google.com/site/ingerslevc ... ter-gauges

Contact me with any questions you may have.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
Very nicely done, congrats. I'm concerned about fading in the sun. What kind of material is it printed on is it just an ink jet printer or something more commercial that will stand up for year in the UV?

If you can print one for the early CL350's (10,500 rpm redline and no 55mph mark on speedo) then I might take a set.

I think you might do real well with a set for the 450 guages. The guy who sells the faces for the GL1000, GL1100 and 750's does not plan on getting into the 350 and 450 business.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the compliments! They look real nice when the cases are painted and the needle is painted.

The faces are printed on a UV coated heavy duty vinyl, essentially like a sticker. They are professionally printed, and professionally cut on an "edge" machine.

The printing process uses a 4 color process (CMYK).

Right now the printing place, that is a friend of mine, they do large scale graphics for things like airplane graphics, hot-rods, drag cars, and stuff for police vehicles, etc. So the gauges are essentially the same material used for that large stuff. Definitely durable.

The problem with printing is that I have to get at least 10 sets, and I'm not sure if I have enough of a market to sell 10 sets for the CL350's.

I am currently in the process of making some faces for the CB450 DOHC, and a set of CB750K2 for European bikes, with the KPH. Also working on some other 4 cylinder hondas.

Once I get the 450's going I'll be sure to let everyone know.

MNellis - if you have some time, maybe send me a quick shot of your gauges, so I can get an idea of where the redline, etc is. If the CL350's aren't that far off, it wont take too much time to make them.

·
Registered
282 Posts
will the metric european stickers work directly over the imperial (miles) speedo? I have a CB350G (indicators are separate from the speedo and tach) and i would imagine the faces would be the same size as the CB750K2. I would be great to have a speedo in metric up here in Canada.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Those are great. I'm pretty sure that a CB360 just removes the internal neutral and turn light indicators. I wonder if there are enough 360 owners here to make a run of 10 worth it? My faces are badly faded.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Let me know when the 450 ones are going.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am unsure if the 750 metric gauges will match up with the cb350G. I am also unsure if they will fit over the imperial gauges. I am creating the new faces from original CB750 gauges (metric). I would assume the holes for the trip meter and odometer would be the same but can't say for sure.

If there is enough interest in the CB360 gauges, I would love to get those into production. I'll have to examine more closely the differences from the 350's
I currently have a CL360 but those gauges are pretty much mint condition, and I'm not about to pull them apart. Are the CL360's the same as the CB360's? I believe the CL360's have the indicator lights in the tach.

I will definitely update once the 450's are going.

Thanks everyone for the feedback and interest!

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
r6100mph said:
MNellis - if you have some time, maybe send me a quick shot of your gauges, so I can get an idea of where the redline, etc is. If the CL350's aren't that far off, it wont take too much time to make them.
Here you go, hope this helps. These are in pretty good condition and really don't need to be replaced at this time but there might be other out there that need these.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MNellis Thanks for posting that pic.

The are pretty much identical except for the redline, which would easily be changed.

On the speedo, I can easily change the red 70mph mark to white, but what concerns me is the location of the odometer. On the 350 the odometer is located above the needle.

On your CL- it's located just below the needle. In order to get that location correct I would have to some how get the exact measurements of the odometer opening.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts