Honda Twins banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As for getting the pod filters tuned in, I am in Denver so I'm at altitude. Running stock jets, and pretty much factory setttings for air/fuel mixture screws. Since each carb has individual idle stop screws, I aimed for getting equal pressure out of both exhausts, while maintaining the 1100 rpm. Can't remember off hand exactly how many turns out the mixture screws are. Float heights are at stock settings. 21mm I believe, again off hand I don't recall. I get mixed up when talking about the 350twin, vs the 350-4, then back to a 450 twin, etc, etc.

Runs really nice from idle through redline.

I probably could bump up the pilot jet to a larger one, as there is a slight "jump" when the mixture goes from idle circuit to the main jet circuit. But overall I'm very happy with the performance.

I still need to install new points & condensors, set the timing, and adjust valves. Running really nice with the old points etc, will probably run like a champ once I do all of that.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh and by the way the pod filters are the cheaper "Emgo" type, I believe they ran about $12 a piece. I have got k&N's on my 350-four, and those were pricey at around $90 for 4 of them.

The emgo's look good and for the price they are right.

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Wow, great job, thanks for posting. I'm just starting on my K4 and these pics will be great inspiration.

I too would be interesting in hearing your jetting as I'll most likely be ditching the airbox as well. Oops, you just replied while I was typing thanks.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Ah, a Denverite - that's where I got my chops, spent years working at the old 4-Seasons Honda shop, in the late 60's and into the '70's.
They're no longer around, but the memories are........4-Seasons and Fay Meyers were the biggest shops around in those days.
I understand that Fay Meyers had an unfortunate fire a while back, and lost all their old stock parts - too bad......

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And Sun Honda, is still around

yes fay meyers had a huge fire, now they are in a much larger location off arapahoe road, in the old Hugh M Woods complex.

That is too bad, they lost all their old stock. I could use many things!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Let's not forget after the fire, they moved to the new location and were there for not even a year, when a snow storm blew in and collapsed the roof onto the show room -- complete destruction.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
MilestoGo said:
Let's not forget after the fire, they moved to the new location and were there for not even a year, when a snow storm blew in and collapsed the roof onto the show room -- complete destruction.

Wow, didn't hear about that.
I don't think Sun Honda was around back in my time.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts