Honda Twins banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last summer I bought a '72 CB350K4. I'm kind of busy with 2 jobs and doing 2 trial series, vintage and modern. So I just started to work on the CB 2 weeks ago.

The bike:

I started to disassemble:

It's a long terme winter project. I plan to get it on the road next summer.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Great progress already! Keep up the good work

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, it was not too bad. But I go for a full restore job. I want it to look like out of the showroom when I'll take it out next year.

To give you an example, I restored this CR125 last year. I started with that:

And now here's what it look like after a year of work:

I do everything myself, paint, mechanical and welding if necessary. This is how I take care of the long Canadian winter evening!

·
Premium Member
1,931 Posts
Great start! I did not see the words "cafe" or "bobber" anywhere, and the work looks first rate. I think I would be proud to own a bike you had seen to.

Ray

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fxray, this one have every parts to make a nice stock CB350, so no cafe or bobber on this one.

Drifter, I hope the finished product will be as good as the CR. I think I can do it, it's only a matter of time.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A small update. I don't have a lot of time to put on the K4 right now but I try to do a little something when I can.

Pistons and rings are good and in the spec. The guy who sold me the bike said the timing chain was changed last year. Everything look good. So nothing to do inside the engine. I ordered a gasket set to put everything back together when engine parts will be cleaned and/or painted.

I started to clean and polish the engine base. It's a long and tedious job but it will look good.

Sides covers, cylinder and head will be painted silver. Small covers like the oil filter cover will be polished.

I received the Bacchus Olive paint from VMR

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
Looking good Stou!!!
I will have to pay you a visit next summer
to see it in person ;)

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I removed the oil filter cap and saw that this one was not cleaned often. There's lot of metal particles in there! :shock:

I cleaned and painted cylinder, head and valves cover

And today I received lots of small parts from CMSL. I was surprised to see that many of those parts was genuine Honda parts. When I looked at dealers around here, many of those parts was indicated not available any more. Very good service and fast shipping. Ref: http://www.cmsnl.com/

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
Ditto
That engine looks fantastic.
I thought my bike looked amazing but when I see everyone else's, I don't
feel so good anymore.
I'll have to stop reading this board. not ;)

1 - 20 of 101 Posts