Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have owned this bike a little less than two years. It had been sitting since about 1980 in a garage. 9500 miles
Mid 70's modifications:
  • "coke bottle" hand grips
    2 into 1 exhaust
    key relocated to the top with a chrome flip cover
    old style gas cap without the key
    lacquer repaint "by Terry" which is showing its age
    cylinders/heads painted black
Since purchase:
  • Rebuilt carbs
    Rebuilt master cylinder and disc caliper
    New Bridgestone Spitfire tires
    New "Fasterspider" recommended battery.
    Added correct grab bar (not shown)
Drove it 95 miles on Saturday, revs freely. Smokes a little after it gets hot, not sure why. All chrome and seat are great. Asking $1450 with at least $100 worth of extra parts plus a motor. Located in Northern Virginia with clear title in my name.

Thanks,
Larry

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
ol55 said:
Have owned this bike a little less than two years. It had been sitting since about 1980 in a garage. Rebuilt carbs, new Spitfire tires and battery. Drove it 95 miles on Saturday. Smokes a little. Chrome and seat are great. Look up my past/current posts if you want to see what I have done. Picture is in my avatar. Asking $1450 with at least $100 worth of extra parts plus a motor. Located in Northern Virginia with clear title in my name.
Let me offer some constructive input when trying to sell a bike here on Hondatwins.net. Most of us are familiar with the model but asking the prospective buy to look through the web site and find your old posts to you don't have to re-list the work done, might be a quick way to turn off the buyer.

Stating that your avatar picture which is about 80 x 80 and shows virtually no detail other than the model type isn't going to excite a buyer either. Instead, they might think you're trying to with hold some details.

I would suggest posting up some clear/crisp pictures and listing some details, in bullet format, on what you've done. Clearly the exhaust is not stock so you might want to comment on that, it could be a good selling point.

You might even comment on what you think is causing the smoking.

Just my $.02. Good luck.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mike :) Workin' on it! Now if I can just figure out the bullets :?:

Larry

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
If you write each item on a seperate then highlight those lines and select the "List" box above.

• Test 1
    Test 2
    Test 3

1 - 4 of 4 Posts