Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The front sprocket cover on my 350G appears not to want to come off. I've removed the four screws (half of which were allen bolts; seriously <insert name of previous owner>, half? Why not all? Or none?); applying the clutch causes the front cover to move a couple millimeters, but only a couple and only at the top. Even after shifting it with the clutch, moving it by hand gets me virtually nowhere; I'm unable to even move it as much as the clutch did.

Here's where I'm at:

IMG_3756.jpg

IMG_3758.jpg

Thoughts/guidance?

·
Sensei
27,171 Posts
There is a "knock pin" (one of those aggravating steel tubes) in the lower front screw position (IIRC) that tends to become "stuck".....
Fully remove both the bottom bolts, and with top bolts still almost snug gently pull clutch to break the bottom loose.....You broke the top loose....

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is a "knock pin" (one of those aggravating steel tubes) in the lower front screw position (IIRC) that tends to become "stuck".....
Fully remove both the bottom bolts, and with top bolts still almost snug gently pull clutch to break the bottom loose.....You broke the top loose....
A good thought, but alas. What wound up working (eventually) was moving it back an forth the 1-2 mm it would move; after 10 minutes or so, it was moving 2-3mm, then more. Eventually, assisted by some gentle prying from underneath, it's off. Thanks for the info on the knock pin; knowing that it was there helped.

Inside, we find:

IMG_3763.jpg

IMG_3765.jpg

"whee" =)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts