Honda Twins banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I post on the page my problem is that in 3,4,5 gear the bike loses a lot of power Like only reach 6krpm in 5 gear top speed like 70mph. first gear 35mph.

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
What's the compression readings?...
(Engine hot, both plugs out, gas off at tank, Throttle held wide open, NO choke)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the bike gets hot, so I move the plate full clockwise (full advance) the bike don't get as hot, but run poorly at high speed, had gas, piston and rings new, cilinders rebore.

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
What does the points plate have to do with compression readings?...
WHY are you playing around with the points plate anyway?
Run the engine until it's fully warmed up...then take the compression readings...
Just because you have new pistons, rings, and bores DOES NOT mean the parts were correctly installed... The bore could be slightly too "loose" (too much clearance)
The ring gaps could be aligned instead of staggered at 120 degrees apart....
The valves could be slightly too "tight", or too "loose"......(misadjusted)

We NEED compression readings before we go any further into trying to determine your problem........ If you don't have a compression gauge, Buy or Borrow one!......

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
but if the plate is in normal position I the engine gets really hot in minutes as hot that the breather start smoking, and you feel the hot. fully advance do not reach to that point in temperature, and do not smoke from there.
Normal position bike get hot if I drive 2 miles, fully advance I think never.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
can it be a jetting problem, as I change the carbs for a similar to kei hin pe series or like a mikuni I dont know the brand because its deleted. diameter 29mm. with aceleration pump, now this are disconected, the carbs are supose to be used on bikes that have 200cc to 250cc main jet 115, in consume I check it and gives me like 40-50 miles per galon. no black smoke or blue,

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
It could be running too lean and overheating the engine? You probably need to find a set of stock carbs before messing around with your points plate and timing.

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
today I check the plates with the timming light. I found that I canot reach the first line even having advance the plate clockwise and opening the plates. can it be because of the cam chain, but when I change it was in their marks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts