Honda Twins banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to get the wiring installed on the bike and just wondering about the correct routing for the rear part that runs past the battery (rear turn signals, tail light and regulator). Does this part of the harness run inside the left hand side frame channel? There is a square connector on the end for the regulator so I just wanted to see if that will fit through this opening before I try it and get it jammed in there ;) I fit the other part of the harness through the right hand side frame channel no problem but wanted to check with this one. Here is a picture of what I'm referring to.

Also, anyone know the correct routing for the starter motor?

Auto part Motor vehicle Vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent, that's great to hear about the harness. Was hoping it would fit to make it cleaner looking. Will try that tonight, thanks.

With the starter cable, does it go between the swingarm and the frame? Between toolbox and downtube part of frame? Its the part from the solenoid to the bottom of the engine where I'm at a loss. I already have it wired to the starter and going backwards :)

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Found a good picture posted by Harsh (thanks man!) that shows the starter routing - http://www.hondatwins.net/forums/50...3-cb350-starter-cable-routing.html#post651249. Turns out I don't have any of the clips he points to in his picture. Will have to find some or make something up. Funny thing is I looked at pictures I took of my bike when I bought it to see if I could see the routing and the PO went up front the starter, up the front of the engine and then straight over to the solenoid :eek: What ever works.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Glad I could help, I guess. Haven't been here in a while. Maybe one of these days I will get an extremely wild hair up my behind and replace the broken photobucket linked pics with some from imgur.

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just getting back to this now after spending the last three weeks painting the house :( and wondering about the section of harness that comes down from the main harness and connects into the alternator connector. Does this hug the frame down tube? Does it go on the inside (facing the engine)? It looks like it should go there but worried that it may interfere with the carb choke connector's movement like I point to in the picture. Any help would be appreciated. I can't find a good picture anywhere showing this section.

Auto part Motor vehicle Pipe Engine Vehicle

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I think mine has always say half inside the frame and half out. Never noticed any choke movement issues. Since that's the approx area, you can leave it there and once carbs are mounted you'll see if it's an issue

1 - 11 of 11 Posts