Honda Twins banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
They are different lengths so there would be a gap at the very least.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm darn. I just realized that the form of the CL tank creates a weird gap between the custom brat seat I will have and the seat itself.

It appears that the CB tank is more vertical in the back for a more flush continuity between tank and seat.

Here’s what I mean with the CL tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Yep, that's something I was fortunate with Mike - the tank I found had a steep enough rear shape that it matched up to the seat I bought pretty well. that's always the challenge when changing components, finding compatible pieces to make the style you're looking for

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, that's something I was fortunate with Mike - the tank I found had a steep enough rear shape that it matched up to the seat I bought pretty well. that's always the challenge when changing components, finding compatible pieces to make the style you're looking for
Yeah, tell me about it!

So, were you responding to the question about the mounts? I can tell the CB tank is longer, but it looks like the rear mount is tucked "inside" or "under" the tank more. This looks to be exactly what I want, but I don't want to shell out $$$ unless I know if it will fit.

maroontop.jpg

Since the tabs look the same and tucked in more, I'm wondering if it's just the tank shape that is different, or are the tank mounts on the frame different as well?

Edit: Just clarifying that the above photo is a CB350 K4 tank.

·
Sensei
27,173 Posts
CB and CL Frames and placement of the tank mounts on them are identical......

·
Sensei
27,173 Posts
Based on the pic which shows your seat pan, a CB tank is about perfect.........
It comes back about halfway covering the rubber mount block IIRC.....

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is awesome. I was bummed when I set it up for the first time and realized that gap would be there. I hadn't thought that through before. Thank you!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts