Honda Twins banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
putting the cam in from scratch. any tips or tricks. how should i go about this. i have given up on the clymer

·
Registered
785 Posts
This picture is from the Honda factory service manual but, everything is 180º backwards in this picture. All the information pictured is backwards but, correct and dead on balls accurate and that makes it easy to time your cam. At least it was easy for me once I realized the cam sprocket was pictured backwards.

Always time the left cylinder in a Honda 1st.
I will scan the other page for you to read the text that Mr Honda wanted the dealer technician to read.

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
Here, lets try this and maybe it will help. There should be an attachment that will open a PDF that shows two pages of the Honda Service Manual.

Attachments

·
Registered
785 Posts

I will send you a full sized image through email if you want it.

·
Registered
785 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nice guys thanks. i got it all set up. should be running soon. many thanks

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
can you adjust the timing with the motor in the frame? ihave a feeling i'm going to have to time it again.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes, i put the tensioner into its place after i had it timed up...i'm affraid to ask why you ask?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i think that is the way you do it. i wouldn't see why you would time after you put the tensioner in, but i have been known to be completely wrong at times.
STEVE!
He's the man with the plan right there. if someone should steer you straight it be that man.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts