Honda Twins banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
One thing you can do in addition to the standard slack adjustments on the cable itself is to unscrew the elbow from the right side switch housing where it screws into the bottom. A few threads exposed as you unscrew the elbow will help take up some of the extra slack. As long as you have at least 2 to 3 threads inside the lower housing, it will be enough

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One thing you can do in addition to the standard slack adjustments on the cable itself is to unscrew the elbow from the right side switch housing where it screws into the bottom. A few threads exposed as you unscrew the elbow will help take up some of the extra slack. As long as you have at least 2 to 3 threads inside the lower housing, it will be enough
Thanks ancient dad. Ill try that today, I have tried it at multiple positions, but not with only a few threads in. The slack im experiencing allows the throttle to roll clockwise after it is released. When turned counter clockwise, it engages the throttle body well and pulls evenly but will roll clockwise about over an 1/8th of a turn from what I can tell when returned to the stop position. Is there a trick to the way the cable is on the throttle tube? It just rolls over the top of it correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Is it a new tube or just a new cable?
I have a bunch of slack in my current setup, but I think it's due to the tube I'm using.
It's not an issue once you get used to taking up the slack when stopped

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it a new tube or just a new cable?
I have a bunch of slack in my current setup, but I think it's due to the tube I'm using.
It's not an issue once you get used to taking up the slack when stopped
Doode,
It is a new throttle tube as well. Honda OEM. I compared it to my original and its identical.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you able to compare cables, old and new?
Yeah, I had them lined up to each other and they are virtually the same. Maybe just a mm or two difference because of the stretch in the older cable.

I can take some video of it a little later today to help.

·
Premium Member
3,002 Posts
The are adjust barrels at both the Throttle Grip and the Carbs.
While the adjustments at the carbs are primarily for Sync'ing the throttle plates, there is no reason you can't take up some of the slack there as well.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is a video of what i’m talking about. Hope this helps show the issue better.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Also here are some photos of the original and replacement next to each other

The replacement is the top one and the original the bottom.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The are adjust barrels at both the Throttle Grip and the Carbs.
While the adjustments at the carbs are primarily for Sync'ing the throttle plates, there is no reason you can't take up some of the slack there as well.
Thanks Yendor,
After fudging with it for another little while, it is finally right. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I tried your thread method and after some tweaking its finally feeling right. Thanks again for the help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts