Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, does anyone have tips for removing the throttle cable from the carbs. Is it necessary to remove the carbs to do the job?

Thanks

Seebee350

·
Registered
755 Posts
Nope. Should be pretty obvious if you get that tank off and have a look. If your bike doesn't have CV carbs, the cables will mount inside of the slides themselves. You can leave your carbs on, but you'll have to unscrew the cap where the cables enter, pull it (Without losing the spring in there), and you'll see how the cable mounts. You'll push it down toward the needle and pop it out the bottom of the slide. Make sure you keep the slides with the carb it came out of, and make sure you put it back in correctly (and not turned 180 degrees).

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
I actually just did this last sat on my current cb350 project ( 722a carbs ). I suppose you could do it with the carbs on, but what a pain in the butt it would be, unless you removed the tank completely.

I pulled the carb off left side to do this job. I did not completely remove the tank and kept all the lines connected, just poulled the tank back and up slightly resting on the front frame mount. I consider myself an awful mechanic, took me about 2 1/2 hours to complete job. I spent a majority of my time looking at how the cable was supposed to be routed as the PO broke the upper and had both upper and lower sides pulled out. I removed the one screw holding the cable adjuster bracket, took it off the carb and spun it on the new cable, put the cable end on the carb throttle and then put the bracket back in place.

Good luck!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Don't know why you wouldn't take the tank off! The cross tubes can be a pain with gas in the tank, but it makes getting to the carbs that much easier.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
The tank needs to be removed for most maintenance. One reason there is a market for remote fuel tanks. Best money I ever spent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts