Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
My short answer is NO, I don't think so...But it may be possible....
I'm sure it could be fitted, but the frames are shaped/built somewhat differently in that area...... I don't believe it would just "drop on"......But I could be wrong... I had to "hammer dent" the underside (tunnel) of a 68 CL 175 tank to get it on a 71 CL 175 frame.....I have a CB360 tank like yours I could try (in reverse) on a 350 frame if you think the results may help.....or I can take pics of the frames side by side....Petcock position and crossovers must also be taken into the consideration.....
Your real problem would be finding THAT tank in good condition affordably.....

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gotcha. Thanks. I think I'll go with the 360 tank - I found one in great shape pretty cheap. I'm going to paint it Strato Blue Metallic.

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
I can answer this one :)

My 360 project came with a 350 tank, the frame had no mounting rubbers and it hang loosely in position. It didnt occur to me until I purchased the tank rubbers that I had the wrong tank...which sux because I prefer the curved styling of the 350 tank.

The front 'cups' inside the tank dont reach the frame mounts while the rear mount is located. Also the inner diametre of the tank is too narrow to house the cluster of wires for the bar switches and barely fits the coils.

Heres some visuals (the 350 tank is green, 360 tank is blue):

Attachments

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Thanks Lee...That's pretty much what I thought.... It can be done but would take some modifying.... :D Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts