Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Between the most suggested brands- Duro, IRC, Heidenau, ect... which would be the best for a CB350 that never sees rain/dirt? The bike currently has Duro tires on them, but IDK if it's due to the age or uneven wear, I don't really like how it feels when I turn in. I might put 1-2k miles on the bike per year. Open to other brand suggestions as well but they need to be in stock sizes and not metric. Thanks.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
I put replica Dunlop K70s on my 450 for the period correct look, but they aren't the greatest cornering tires... I mean, they feel fine but don't really instill a higher level of confidence in really cornering hard. If period correctness isn't a factor for you, I like the Shinko rear tire I put on my V65 - but it's metric sizing as most are today, you'd have to get an appropriate equivalent

·
Registered
52 Posts
I plan on purchasing IRC GS-11's for my CB350. (3.5 and 3.0 X 18.00). Period looking and seem to have reasonable reviews. Approx $175 for tires, tubes and rim savers at 4into1. Also if it's just tires you need there are cheaper at some other sites.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I am leaning towards IRC or Heidenau if I go the vintage route. Which one wears better and have a better profile? The Duro tire I have seems to be pretty squared. It doesn't look like there's been many miles on it either so I assume that's its shape. $175 for the IRCs seems pretty good. I'd have to pay tax but I can pick up in store.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
I have Duros on my CL350 and have been very happy with them. They make a wide variety of tires, though, so some are probably better than others.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts