Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and CBs in general so I'm hoping I could get a little guidance. I've recently picked up a 72 CB350 and I'm working on going through the full lot. I'm coming to the end of my build and my last step is to replace the controls. I picked up some universal controls for the left and I'd like to get something for the right that is a combination of switches and throttle housing. Seems that's a rarity for universal switches. Anyways, I'd like to use this guy right here:

Honda Handlebar Switch Assembly Engine Starter Start Stop Run Kill CB200 CB 200 | eBay

It's for the 200, and I noted that there are two ports for throttle cables. Will this guy work for me if I'm only using one of the ports for me 2 into 1 throttle cable setup?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
It will work, but it won't have the brake lever mount on it. You can use the one port without a problem.....Also, do you have hi/low beam on left control? This one only has on/off for the headlight. Some of the Bikes had off/low/high on the right pod....

Don't get a 1975 or later control pod...the starter is 12V hot to start and the has no headlight switch. Rewquires a bit of rewiring to use....almost any model honday with a drum brake from around your mdel year and earlier will work....You also need a brake lever mount with a built in stop light switch. The earlier 350's had a switch in the cable, but changed pretty early in the model year. Just be vigilant.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a perch with the brake switch already so this should fit in just fine, assuming my lever will reach over it without an issue. Also, I wired my high/low beam to my left switch so an on/off on the right switch would be great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts