Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Followed the standard guide here on the forums for settings up the points, running into an issue. After setting the left gap and adjustment, when I try to set the right - there is just not enough room to move the right side so it is in the right firing point.

If I was setting the left gap at 14, should I be going to 13 or 15 to get more adjustment room on the right point?

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
That's the reason there is an allowed range of .012" to .016" on the points setting, to account for the lack of a separate adjustment plate for the second set of points

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Understood but to save me some fiddling around and yelling do you know if a smaller gap on the left increases the room for adjustment on the right or the opposite of that?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Understood but to save me some fiddling around and yelling do you know if a smaller gap on the left increases the room for adjustment on the right or the opposite of that?
You can adjust the backing plate to set the timing on the left set. Adjust the right gap to set right timing.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
If you increase the gap on the left points it will advance the timing on the left cylinder. When you adjust the backing plate to retard the left timing it will also retard the right timing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts