Honda Twins banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spending the summer trying to get a the bike on the road.. learning alot along the way.. breaking and fixing alot of non problems... Getting closer...

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
I like it - I had a yellow bike too, it's cool to have a different color than the usual (though I love red) (please excuse the really dusty slide)

IMG_0528.JPG

·
Registered
255 Posts
AD, it's the "voyage of the yellow whale" ! i still have that article somewhere in the attic. it was a good read.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
AD, it's the "voyage of the yellow whale" ! i still have that article somewhere in the attic. it was a good read.
Sorry to briefly hijack your thread, Elfargo. Paul - you hit the nail on the head! New York to LA (or vice-versa, can't recall) - that was the very reason I had my Dad do that cartoon whale on the sidecover. My GL was a '75 and the '76s had just come out with the yellow color, and I had him paint it chrome yellow from a Corvette at the time IIRC and he used gold and black for the striping on it instead of the factory's blue and black combo. I'd love to have a copy of that article again, I did a search for it a while back and never found it online. It would be awesome if you could scan it to PDF for me. Here's a close-up of the whale he drew and airbrushed

the whale.jpg

·
Registered
255 Posts
sorry for continuing the hijack, when i first saw your pic of the GL i thought, hmm, the yellow whale? then i enlarged the pic and when i saw the side cover i knew it had to be. iirc it was cycle guide magazine. if i can find it i'll post something in "off topic".
the same month the article came out, i can remember borrowing my dad's van to help a friend bring home his brand new CB550/4 from the dealership. he also read the article and we had a conversation about it in the van on the way out. i can't remember what i had for dinner last night but i can remember what happened 40 years ago, Lol.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Back to the CB350...That little reflector on the front fender is worth close to $100. It came on the early 1969 models only, and were moved to the headlight ears on later models. Your front fender is from a CL, though, so it isn't original to the bike. From the style of the tank and tail light, your 350 does appear to be a '69 model - a late '69 - since it has reflectors on the headlight ears.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts