Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I would like to say hello, because I am new to this forum. I always red it unregistered till now...Is anyone can give me some tip, because I am struggling with transmission problem. I recently restored CB350K4 with front disc brake almost from a scrap. Now it looks beautiful like hell, but today I tried to move it through gears and on 4th gear I have rattling sound. The 5th and 3rd are OK. To rebuild I used CMSNL pages, so I think assembly is good. Well I didnt dismatle gears from gear shafts... and now I will pay for it:cry: Please tell me: 4th and 5th gear is applied by center gear selector, is there a possibility I could install it 180 degress rotated?
Bike looks now like this, and I am not very eager to drop lower half to check this "bunny"...:confused:

Anyone met this problem? Tommorow I will record this and post it...

Well I just lost 3rd gear too...Already bought complete gear box, will swap in a month. Looks like trans master fail...
Please close the thread...

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
It sounds like you may have made a case assembly error.

There are a couple of PINS that keep the Shifter Shaft Bearing in place and prevent it from both spinning and moving outward.

If the Bearing was NOT located with the PINS it will punch out the case where the pins sit.

The Shifter shaft will then slowly work it's way out of position and will cause the symptom you are describing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts