Honda Twins banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I managed to bust a tang off my clutch basket. yay for frigid garages. so I have a few questions. are the two big gears behind the clutch basket bolted onto the basket or are the pressed. and whats the easiest way to get this basket off the shaft? I don't have any pullers that will grab right so i'm kind of in a ditch right now. i almost have the rolling chassis done and it was coming down to the simple task of going through the motor and doing the wiring. super yay. thanks for the help guys.

Attachments

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Woody.... You will have to remove the oil filter and oil pump, and one crankshaft gear to remove the clutch outer basket.... the "twin" gears are integral to the basket... Pulling on the basket as-is could damage the oil pump or the con-rod that drives its piston......You'll need the "special" socket to remove the oil filter "cup"..... (Motion Pro for about $10)..... Steve

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
again you saved my ass. thanks a ton for answering my crazy questions

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
where would be a good place to look for that assembly? am i looking to pay a high price cause of the age or are they realetively easy?

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
I probably have one I can spare...Give me until Monday to check, I'm out of town.... Steve

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
steve, someone needs to give you a medal

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Woody....I have the clutch outer (with oil pump if you need it, or I can remove the pump if you prefer)...... E-mail me as [email protected] with your info so we can figure shipping cost........ Steve

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I sent you an email. thakns a ton steve. Let me know what you come up with and your address in the reply. you truely are are champion

1 - 9 of 9 Posts