Honda Twins banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first got my bike, I noticed that the headlight switch was a bit goofy. The taillight didn't want to work unless the switch was fiddled with and the gauge lights didn't work either. It seemed awful loose so I decided to look into the problem this weekend. Upon opening up the switch, this is what I found:

What is supposed to be holding the sliding part to the internal part of the switch? Is there supposed to be a screw? As you can see by the condition of the other screw heads, someone has been in here before to likely try and fix this problem.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anybody? Anybody? I would appreciate it if you could just pop off the three screws on the bottom and snap a quick picture. '73 and '74 CB450s are supposed to have the same switch if you've got one of those instead.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Yeah, a screw goes in the slot of that arm thingy.
It's almost like all the other little screws there, flat head sort of brass screw.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I was hoping it was a screw and not a snapped off plastic finger. Now to find a screw to fit.

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
The switch gear is off my '73 450 right now so I'll see if I can get a picture when I get home later tonight.

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
mopar_man said:
Thanks. I was hoping it was a screw and not a snapped off plastic finger. Now to find a screw to fit.
Nope, if it's the same as a '73 450 (pictured below) it's a plastic stud that protrudes from the switch. If you can find a screw, I don't know why you couldn't just put one in there to hold it.

Here is a picture of the headlight switch side and turn signal switch side.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Excellent! Thank you. I took one of the many computer case screws I have laying around and that seems to work. If I can get the semi-stripped screws out, I would like to put a little dialectic grease in there. The switch is a little stiff or is it supposed to be this way to prevent accidental lighting changes? I tightened up the screw up snug when I first put it in and the switch wouldn't move at all so I backed it out some.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Im looking for a way to wire my headlights simply via a toggle switch....correctly....I have it wired currently in a manner that its either OFF or SUPER ON....e.g. both the low and high beams at the same time....Im tring to get rid of the UGLY stock switch/throttle....anyone esle done this? Ill Post pictures hopefully by tommorow of what I already got.

Please dont ask, NO I do not want to restore it to stock....Im not that old school, I just want to rebuild my bike into something I like and is different...and so far I have parts from a Harley, an 69 SL, an 73 (?) CL, a something CB, a yamaha something or another, and a Kawasaki....She got named "Bitch" for a reason....cause of her attitude...she only wants it her way and only wants to run when she wants too.... :) Guess her mom has been treating her right, cause shes been acting good lately, or maybe she just knows I got a new engine with less than 3000 miles on it originally for her.....Wow a bike with a mond of her own......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts