Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to change my front wheel bearings and brake shoes, but i cant separate the front brake panel from the hub to get inside the brakes... It is so annoying. I'we tried everything!!

Photo on 16-02-16 at 19.11.jpg

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Have you tried after you take out the axle?
BTW, welcome to the forum. We'd appreciate a little about you and your bike in the 'new members' section, and if possible any pics you want to share of your bike.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you tried after you take out the axle?
BTW, welcome to the forum. We'd appreciate a little about you and your bike in the 'new members' section, and if possible any pics you want to share of your bike.
Thank you, and sure will post pics and tell about my project with better time :), just posted this straight from the garage when i was trying to find solution from this sitting.

And i don't seem to get axle out either :) and the manual does not give me the answer.

·
Premium Member
3,002 Posts
Brake Shoes will frequently wear a RIDGE into the edge of the drum. The springs may be weak and the may have frozen into place.

I assume the Brake Plate turns freely inside the HUB.

If so just keep working at it.

The Axle can be drive out using a Wood Dowel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, and thank you! I got the bastard disassembled finally. I got the axle out and after that hub got out by itself. So the solution was bigger hammer :D!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts