Honda Twins banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where is a good place to get a kit to rebuild the forks on my 71? is it just seals or is there a rebuild kit itself?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just seals and oil. 20wt is a good start for a firm feel, 15 may be better if you have a chopper frame though (less weight on the ft end). Race-tech sell emulators and springs if you want the ultimate ft end. There are no bushes in the forks. Would be a great time to repack or even better, replace your steering head bearings with tapered ones.

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
The early style 350 forks DO have removable bushes, and the damping "valving" IS on the outside of the tubes.

·
Premium Member
7,865 Posts
I thought the smallest race tech emulators are for 35mm forks?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
those tapered bearings are the first things I bought after watching the old ball bearings scatter around my shop like roaches. wheres a good place to get those seals? Everywhere I looked so far I could only find seals for the fours not the early twins, or i found them for the sl or cl and it doesn't say it can be used on a 71 cb 350 twin.

·
Premium Member
7,865 Posts
I used the AllBalls kits in two of my CB350s...good stuff but the stack hight is not the same as stock so you have to play with the spacers or else your going to have clearance issues.

assemble the old stack of races with bearings and all spacers and dust seals for both the top and bottom and then do the same for the new kit. any differances will have to be shimmed. it may also give you trouble on the headlight ears if you don't match the stack hight precisely. they may be too loose or too tight as they get pinched between the upper and lower triple clamp

·
Registered
56 Posts
Woody32 said:
those tapered bearings are the first things I bought after watching the old ball bearings scatter around my shop like roaches. wheres a good place to get those seals? Everywhere I looked so far I could only find seals for the fours not the early twins, or i found them for the sl or cl and it doesn't say it can be used on a 71 cb 350 twin.
Do you have the mfg model number for those bearings? The only ones I've found say they fit "CB K - K5 72/75" I don't know if that actually means it will fit the 71

·
Premium Member
7,865 Posts
22-1011 from all balls racing

·
Premium Member
7,865 Posts
by the way, I used these bearings on a CB350K5 and a CL350k4

·
Premium Member
7,865 Posts
wait a minute I think I may have mixed up threads are you looking for the part number for the tapered head bearings or the seals? the part number I listed are for the head bearings.
I don't have the number for the fork seals

1 - 11 of 11 Posts