Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all:

Does anyone know what the physical differances are between the different model carbureators for the CB350 carbs?

In the Carb spec service charts it lists 3 different float heights depending on what year (serial number) your bike is; either 19mm, 21mm or 26mm.

Specifically: is the reason for the different float heights specs because the bikes have different cams/valves/etc. or because there are differences in the carbs? for instance are the floats in the early models different from the floats in the later models.

In case you want to know why I'm asking this question, it's because I have 4 sets of carbs that each have some problem or another that I am trying to build one good set from. all are from different years. the carb bodies appear to be identical except the 2D carbs (CB200 ?) have different air idle jet screws.

right now I'm leaning towarads the 26mm float height because the 19 and 21 look like they will let in too much fuel.

any answers appreciated.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The 68 used a wierd bowl design, i have 3d and i run 25mm it helps with the top end. Im still running stock jets, but i also have cl pipes. Needless to say those pipes are going away. Ive been reading and there seems to be a 15 percent horsepower loss with the scrambler pipes?

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
Not 100% sure a 15% loss is accurate.....BUT, Yes, the tighter bends are more restrictive to exhaust flow...However, other changes can be made to get the efficiency % back.....: weight reduction, open up the muffling, carb/breather changes, etc,etc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts