Honda Twins banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Im trying to build up my cb into a bulletproof commuter and I have so many questions that I cant find good answers to.
I was hoping anyone could help point me in the right direction.

1st off: I want to go in and bore and hone my cylinders since the bike has sat for a long time in gorgeous chicago weather. I am looking to buy a kit like this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HOND...7063535QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories in either .25mm or .50mm over. I have acess to a machine shop so I will be working with a great machinist I just need some standard clearances. I am going to bore to 1-2 thousanths of the finish dimension and then hone for a good cross hatch, but I have no idea what piston to wall and/or ring to wall clearance I need I assume to bore it would be 64(std piston OD) +.25mm+(some wall/piston or ring/piston tolerance) - .001 (for honing). Is there any standards that state clearance for specific head materials.

2nd: Ive heard that most CBs need their cam chain and tensioner rollers replaced. Where can I get these and are they a simple swap out.

3rd: What else should I change since I will be splitting the case.

Thank you all for any help you can provide.

·
Registered
11 Posts
www.bore-tech.com sell the KA cam chain slipper for a good price. He also has the HD cam chain, electronic ignition, 1.0mm piston kits and he can do a cylinder treatment that is amazing. I built a CL350 for a freind of mine here in Atlanta with that setup, ran great. Also junked the stock airbox, slapped in 115 main jets and threw the starter motor with all the junk that goes with it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts