Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am new to this site and to the Honda bike world. I have had a 72 CB350 K4 for about two years that i have had a blast riding. Well a couple weeks ago I pushed it and burnt a hole in the left piston, now i have the bike apart and since it is coming on winter time i figure ill do a once over on the whole bike. First things first, the engine, I would like to add some performance to the motor and still have a good cruiser for around town. I have seen all types of piston upgrades and cam chains and slipper style tensioner and carbs and cams for these bikes. What do you guys suggest being done to the motor for extra performance and dependability and not be a full on race bike that needs constant tuning? If i need to bore the block and install a new set of pistons and cam i am definitely open to to it, I just need some direction on what parts to install since i will be going completely through the motor. Thanx

·
Registered
62 Posts
For what you will be spending I would look for another engine already rebuilt and part out what you don't use.

·
Premium Member
7,864 Posts
to make a recommendation I'd need to know how much you want to spend on the motor and what your expectations are in terms of performance... the best bang for your buck if you want a little more power is an over bore on the pistons with Mikuni VM carbs, and dyna coils...that'll run you about a $1000. the next step up is head work and a cam, with electronic iginition... figure another $2000 for that.

If you just want to get your bike running properly again...then a buy a used motor for $100 but make sure you check compression before you buy or you may end up with two junk motors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts